frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register
After the old forum software breaking in a way that we were unable to fix, we've migrated the site to a new platform.

Some elements aren't working as we'd hoped - some avatars didn't survive the transition, and we're still having issues with attachments that weren't added as inline images, but we're hoping to have that all sorted out soon.

Perth needs help in coffee culture

edited January 1970 in Off-topic
It's the consumers fault?

Comments

  • club zero caffe on hay street the best coffee.
  • Hey Vespresso, I've seen you post something similiar to this on a couple of sites at the moment. Do you have anything to do with the ownership of Club Zero? I've never heard of them. What coffee and machinery are they using? Explain what makes their coffee better than everyone else. I would love to hear your reply. Corey
  • Hi Sounds like a gym Hay Street WEST PERTH WA 6005 Fitout to 'Club Zero Caffe' 0 HEALTH LE
  • Hey Le, yeah I think this is probably the owner trying to drum up some business. I guess you won't drop in this monday due to the holiday, maybe we'll see you next monday mate. Cheers, Corey
  • Had to suffer with show coffee :( but found a one that was nice :o. I'll see you monday though, what time do you open LE
  • "Club Zero Caffe" sounds like a coffee house for nudists
  • Hey Le, we're open at 6.30 daily. They are renovating at present but I would be fairly certain they will not be pushing any kind of espresso boundaries. Cheers guys, Corey
  • what do you mean "be fairly certain they will not be pushing any kind of espresso boundaries."
  • I mean I'm fairly certain they will not be pushing any kind of espresso boundaries. Corey
  • you are totally wrong, the barista there has 12 years expierence from europe.
  • so quick to reply when defending them aren't you vespresso? Pushing espresso boundaries aka. 2 x synesso cyncra's, more grinders than most go through in a lifetime, a custom blend,  a guest blend, real experience, passion.... How about answering the questions from further up? "Do you have anything to do with the ownership of Club Zero? I've never heard of them. What coffee and machinery are they using? Explain what makes their coffee better than everyone else. I would love to hear your reply" Experience is a good thing, if what you're experienced at is the right thing... What makes it the best?
  • What a waste of time.
  • would telling us a bit more about club zero caffe be a waste of time? i don't think so. i'm a consumer who pays for coffee i know is not great, but do so because the places i get it are conveniently located, or are where friends want to meet, etc. that doesn't make me a faulty consumer, just a rational one. epic is not conveniently located for me, but i made the trip after hearing a lot about it: great baristas; a blend developed in conjunction with a local roaster; amazing equipment; etc. i will go out of my way for great coffee, but i need a little more incentive than just a promise (like i said, a rational consumer). if you really want me to trek across town for club zero, give me the info. oh, and by the way, i will go out of my way, but not nude, for great coffee.  is club zero all nude all the time, or just clothing optional?
  • The much acclaimed 'Club Zero' on Hay Street is now open, so walked in today to try a ristretto. Not good, the coffee was extracted too quickly and the shot poured too long with the tell-tale signs of pale coloured crema, watery texture and bitter aftertaste. Certainly nowhere close to the best in Perth. Cheers, Corey
  • Hi all Has anyone tried "crema coffee" from Perth hills. All ive heard is that it is good but i'd never seen it or heard of it until someone told me thats its very popular in perth. LE
  • Perth Coffee culture has been changing rapidly lately - I've been getting around as much as I can and although there is still some work to be done there have been some great changes. It is being driven from three points - Cafe owners willing to take a risk to push the boundaries and perhaps educate a few consumers along the way, and from consumers who know what they are looking for and will seek it out and ask for it. The third factor are the roasters. Perth has two that I would rate very highly for their skill in selecting and roasting beans. Unsurprisingly you tend to find their coffees in the cafes described above. As a consumer I greatly appreciate the efforts of the cafe owners and the roasters.
  • I happen to think Perth has some fantastic cafe's and some really below average ones. This is the fault of cafe's not consumers if you sell crap and flavour it people will but it. Most cafe owners know this and because there are only a handful of great cafe's they get away with it. If anyone out there has a cafe and needs some help lifting their game or wants some advice (unbiased as I don't work for a coffee company - just myslef (barista) ), I am in Perth tho.  ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Coffee Forum

@ 2026 The Coffee Forum, All rights reserved.

Policies

Social